Saturday, February 4, 2012

Is McDonalds a fun job? & what all do you have to do as a crew member?

Is McDonalds a fun job? %26amp; what all do you have to do as a crew member?Is McDonalds a fun job? %26amp; what all do you have to do as a crew member?
I agree with Mar Mar, I got hired back in February when I was 14 but didn't start working until end of July, when I was done school and turned 15 and could actually legally work there, so in my 8 months working as a cashier and occasionally fries, I'd say it's not bad for a first job.



You learn lots of great skills, such as customer service, money management, and more. The customers can be assholes, but just try and smile through it, it's def not fun when it's busy, the back takes long to make the food, and you're dealing with hungry grumpy customers who just want their food. (If you are an impatient person I suggest you work in the back making the food, NOT up front with the customers). But at the McDonald's I work at, I personally really like! My coworkers are great and I get along well with them, my managers are pretty chill, and most of all I get money! I can buy whatever I want without my dad saying anything.



The things you'll have to do depend on where you want to work, if you want to work as a cashier you have to:

Take Orders

Make Fries (if there's no fry person you have to drop yourself)

Get Drinks

Bag your orders

Make Ice Cream

'Clean as you go' (sweep, wipe down counters etc)



In the back you:

Drop meat into fryer

Toast bread

Make the sandwiches

Wrap them

Make Yogurts



Ofcourse if you work at a eat in store there's lots more to do, I work in a mall and only had to work at eat in one day, but I had to sweep the whole effin store, freeze my *** of opening and closing the window to give food to the drive thru customers, and more. But I did like it cause the customers got their own ketchup and straws, where as in the store I work at I get that for them. The hours will also vary from a mall and eat in store, as most eat in stores are open 24/7 or until very late, and at the mall we close by 9.30 and are out of there maximum by 10.30.



Good first job though, and looks good on a resume if you work there more than 3 months! :) Good LuckIs McDonalds a fun job? %26amp; what all do you have to do as a crew member?
I worked there when I was 16, and the actual work is not fun. Customers can be jerks, and very often are. You will have to sit there and shut your mouth while they act like a**holes. As a crew member you'll have to run the cash register, take orders, run the drive through, make fries, and clean the eating area. This includes wiping down the tables, mopping the floor, and cleaning the restroom.



Don't let this discourage you. It's a good first job because you'll learn early on how to deal with difficult people,and that's a skill you'll need your entire life, in any job. And even though the work itself wasn't fun, I loved going to work at McDonald's because it was all people my age and we had fun when there were no customers around. The managers were pretty cool, and best of all, I got a paycheck. I had my own money as a junior in high school from working two jobs, and no one could tell me sh*t.Is McDonalds a fun job? %26amp; what all do you have to do as a crew member?
um, how can it be fun? you have to make fatty foods and talk to lots of customers.
I bet it sucks. You get to smell greasy fries and **** burgers all day. XD doesn't sound too fun..My cousin works there lol D:.

No comments:

Post a Comment