Monday, February 20, 2012

Job at mcdonalds after an interview?

I have an interview at mcdonald tommorrow in queens Ny

I want to know if I got the job will they tell me or they will say they will call me and how long would it take and how long does orientation take?

How many hours a day can you work in the summer?Job at mcdonalds after an interview?
Hmmmm... it's been a long time since my days as a Trainer at McDonalds, but if I remember correctly :



- There is NO set time for them to follow up on an interview. They could be interviewing in anticipation of a busy period (summer) in which case you should hear from them pretty soon. However, if you just saw their ad in the store and you decided to walk-in for an interview, your application may be kept in view until they need more staff. Staff turnover at McD's are usually quite high so unless you screwed up in the interview, you should get a call.



- Orientation usually takes an hour where you will view a brief introduction video of McD's and how they operate, then a sit-down with your trainer for a Q%26amp;A session. McDonalds has one of the BEST training methods in the world. Why I still remember EVERY single ingredient list for EVERY burger and product even after 20+ years!!! Unless things have changed drastically, you will be trained one station at a time (lobby/grill/service etc) depending on scheduling and staffing needs. There should be a trainer to buddy you on your first day or two of every station.



- Depending on your store needs and your status (fulltime/partime), you could be asked to work anywhere from 4 to 8 hour shifts. Sometimes more if staff call in sick or don't turn up. You should keep an open mind and a flexible schedule, but at least you get free meals while working!



I hope my answer helps. I remember that McDonalds is a really fun, exciting (and addictive) place to work. The people are fun and the there's always something exciting to look forward to. And if you keep plugging on and learning, you could be a Store Manager very quickly.



Andrew Shim

Ex-McD Trainer :-)

now Home Business Owner %26amp;

Editor of http://www.positivemoneyideas.comJob at mcdonalds after an interview?
... If you're a teen, I'm guessin so, I don't think that you'd have any limits on hours, more so on when you can work depending on if you have curfew in your town... since i'm sure your school is out. Any-t-wayz, I always hate when an interviewer tells me that they will call me, let me say if they like you, they will damn sure let you know then if you got a good shot, if not they feed you some BS like it was only a "pre-interview" and they will call you back... if you get that, don't even waste your breath calling them back! Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment