Monday, February 20, 2012

How is it like to work at McDonalds. I need a job. ANy ideas where i could start working at entry level?

I dont have any experience. But i am willing to do anything. i am not sure where i could find a job. THank you for your commentHow is it like to work at McDonalds. I need a job. ANy ideas where i could start working at entry level?
Hey~ I'm in pretty much your same position, although I have a bit of work experience. It's been really hard for me to find a job (been trying all summer, applied to 13 places so far), although all of my friends got the second or third job they applied for, even though they had the same or less job experience. Just luck of the draw I suppose.



Pretty much any place you walk into that has a "help wanted" sign, apply to.

Don't be afraid to call, or walk in and ask how the hiring is going, so that the person hiring can put a name to a face. Otherwise, you're just another piece of paper on a stack.

If you are uncomfortable with your lack of job experience, make a resume including all of your school accomplishments and extracurricular activities and turn in with application.



Ask friends or relatives to keep an eye out for places that are hiring.



Also, it is a bit late now but a lot of cities have a special teen employment program for the summer. Maybe next year you can look into that?



Some schools have a class that helps you to get a job and you work during their block, ask your counselor about this...



Finally, just because you have a good feeling from a job possibility or interview, do NOT stop applying for anything else.



Good luck =) Hope you fare better than I have so far, actually though, I have a *promising?* interview at K-Mart next week, so who knows?



Edit--the vast majority of kids I see outside of school working, ARE working at restaurants (fast food or sit-down), so maybe put some extra effort into that job area?How is it like to work at McDonalds. I need a job. ANy ideas where i could start working at entry level?
You can work at Chic fil a .The reason I said that is because you automatically get Sundays off. What do you like to do?How is it like to work at McDonalds. I need a job. ANy ideas where i could start working at entry level?
Working at McDonalds sucks. Greasy floors, arrogant high-school co-workers, low-quality food. You most probably will be forced to start in the grill area, like I was. It is very hot back there and you make a lot of sandwiches like $0. 99 cheeseburgers and hamburgers. First thing I hated the most besides my head manager was the fries. Try something like Souplantation or Olive Garden. Vons is a good company to work for instead also, which is where I work now.
Try other places as well, like retail stores. Try Subway maybe? However, if you're willing to try anything why don't you try babysitting? The pay per hour is much better usually than any hourly job that you'll probably get. It also helps give you further experience and people to put on your applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment