Thursday, February 16, 2012

I'm 14 and have applied for a job at Mcdonalds do I have a chance?

Well I applied to be a crew member in vermont there's no laws forbiding it and most 15 year olds pick up crew jobs with not so much as an interview. I am beginng Highschool this year and kinda wanted some extra cash like everyone my age to save for a car. I've done many "jobs" babysitting mowing lawns and what not and after seeing a Mcdonalds crew spot open for 4 months in the local paper I decided to give it a try. The manager gave me an application despite me saying I was 14 quite clearly. My crudentials are as follows...All A's....98 average in Middleschool....2 Years of French (important near the Quebec border)....Previous emplyments from private parties as forementioned and references from those parties.... I am a member of the local football team am 6'2" if that helps at all and can lift heavy very heavy things.....120 hours of volunteer work logged last year doing things for the town and a non-profit hostileI'm 14 and have applied for a job at Mcdonalds do I have a chance?
Are you sure there are no laws forbidding it? Most states require employees to be at least 15 due to child labor laws. I'm pretty sure it's a federal restriction, if I recall correctly.



While you have an impressive list of things that are impressive, you still are just 14. If they put you behind the cash register, they are risking a law suit with letting you handle money (theft risk). If they make you work beyond 7:00, it's against the law as well.
uuummm, no luck at all.I'm 14 and have applied for a job at Mcdonalds do I have a chance?
I say good luck but I think You should wait and see how a job will fit into your high school experience. Don't bite off so much you can't chew. You definitely have great expectations for the future and high school grades are what get you into college plus your community work. If you don't get the job, It's not the end of the world. Personally I'd wait until 16 and still do the things you have already pursued.
While it is legal in some places to work at 14, the labor laws are so strict that most places won't hire that young just to avoid the hassle.I'm 14 and have applied for a job at Mcdonalds do I have a chance?
see about mowing lawns instead or babysitting. I doubt you would get hired, but the good thing is you can build up a good resume and references until you are old enough.
Yeah where I live there are about 12 15 year olds working at Mcdonalds and some of them worked there while they were 14 so its up to you whther or not you get the job.
ummmm i'm 17 and i have really bad luck getting hired in a lot of places
no your just too young
i love McDonald's so if i were the boss i would good luck
no
You will get the job, and by the way A's in school dont really matter at Mcdonalds, maybe the French will help since you are near Canada.......Good luck
You do NOT have the legal age to work. At your age you should be studying and playing with your friends, not working. You do not need the money. Your parents are required by law to take care of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment