Friday, February 10, 2012

I have a big issue with my job at McDonalds, its both my schools and my jobs fault .....?

Ok, well i have exams right? and i booked off for them too. Only thing is my exams got moved a week earlier, so i tell one of my managers, and shes like ill try and help you out( only 3 days left to help me) because taht weeks sceduale was already made, so i sent in another time off request and i ahd work on monday and tuesday. Problem, i had exams on 4 days, so i had to study for my exams on tuesday, wedenesday, thursday and friday. I was schedualed for tuesday and monday. I be a good sport and show up on monday for my shift cuz noone took it. Now today, tuesday i dont go becuase i ahve a universitty math exam grade 11, so i NEED to study. and by this time they had accepted my time off request teh late one.Around 8:10 pm, they call, from a private number and i pick up and they go off on me, on why im not on work i tell them they accepted it, they are like no, you have to come, mom says no to them. They tell me i have to talk to teh main mngr. b4 my next shift, can they fire me? plzhlpI have a big issue with my job at McDonalds, its both my schools and my jobs fault .....?
Please stay in school!!!

This job means nothing in the long run.

So what if they fire you, its only McDonalds. It's not like they are going to employee you for life and provide a good living.

If they fire you, go get a good summer job like day camp worker or something else. It will be full time and a steady predictable schedule. Plus more hours than Micky D's will ever let you work. They are just using you. Let the manager suck it up and do some actual work when your getting your tests done. It's not like they really care about your future. Key is for you to care about your future!!!
Quit both your job and school, be a professional hobo. It works for me.I have a big issue with my job at McDonalds, its both my schools and my jobs fault .....?
yes and they probaly will
They can fire you based on the scheduling since you didn't request in time, but that would be REALLY mean since you had exams and hopefully they'll be nice. Maybe they just want to talk to you to reiiterate their policy. Good Luck!I have a big issue with my job at McDonalds, its both my schools and my jobs fault .....?
Its McDonalds! You can get another job like that IN A DAY!



If they fire you, shrug and walk out.



No big deal.



Make your exams.
Yes - but don't sweat it.



Your education is more important - jobs like that are a dime a dozen.
what dbags.. don't worry if they do u can just get another job, its not a serious job.. it'd be different if u were like a nurse or a secretary where peoples lives depend on you or your the only one there. just wait it out its not the end of the world, you doing good on your exams is way more important.
What's more important to you; Micky D or your education? I'd probably quit the job.
no child left behind.

They can fire you at any time for any reason in most states.

It is that way a lot of places. They dont really need a reason to let you go. You missed your shift. so they got a reason. If they cant understand that you had exams then they dont really care about you. They care that someone didnt get their burger and fries. Get the education. McD sucks.
You are an "at will" employee. That means they can fire you at any time, for any or no reason at all. All jobs are like this unless you are in a union or have some other kind of contractual relationship with your employer. But take heart! You're in school, which is WAY more important than your job at McDonald's... maybe it's the push you need to go find a better job - check with your counseling office at your University, they usually have listings of jobs, internship opportunities, etc that will help you get develop more professional skills to supplement your degree. Good luck! If McDonald's fires you - their loss!
They can fire you, however



What it really comes down to is were you a good employee.

No employer will ever fire a good employee for something that was beyond their control. But I myself will often use such events as an excuse to fire a worthless one.



So long as you are a hard, and reliable worker you have nothing to fear.
There are other jobs out there. You only get one shot at high school.If your employer doesn't understand and thinks your job should come before school they aren't worth working for. My daughter also works Mcdonalds, they are very understanding about school they should be to.
forget McDonalds and read Fast Food Nation (after your exams, of course)
Hello!!!!



Your first Problem is you are working in McDonalds.

It doesn't get much worse than that.

Tell them to "Hold the Pickles" or "Do you want Fries with that"

It's time to move on to bigger and better things!

Take charge of the path you want to lead.
your school is more important than that job will ever be..they can fire u, but maybe they will be understanding and let u keep ya job - but hey u can always find anotha one if this one doesnt work
Hajjie chill,

Just splain it to the shift manager when you clock in on the nxt shift, Mickey dees is a workplace that is great for students and they know it! Just be nice and say sorry and what can i do tomake up? They will go by your work etthic. If they like ya then you will be back at work, you know this job mean alot to you but let face it, you is just killing time to next job and then that education means more than a loser job like that right KimoSabe? Chin up pip pip and tally ho , back to trivial work you go.
You should stop throwing the blame on everyone else. Sometimes life sucks. Suck it up, Buttercup! Pick a priority, run it to the ground and deal with it.
I'm surprised the school could get away with moving your exams a week earlier. I would protest. Moving exams earlier shouldn't be allowed because people have to be able to schedule time for studying ahead of time.



As far as the job is concerned, I wouldn't worry about it. If you've been a good employee otherwise, then I highly doubt they will fire you for not showing up once. If you are that worried about it, then quit before they get a chance to fire you. It is easy to get a job elsewhere and you can just tell them that the reason for quiting your previous job was due to the demands of school. Nobody is going to hold that against you. Even if you do get fired, don't sweat it. Study hard and go to college. Once you get a degree, you won't need to put McDonalds on your resume and nobody will ever know you were fired.
Most states have laws related to grade school workers, it they terminate you for putting your grade school education first they are not only unethically but may be in violation of state law. If the local store fires you and you still want to work there, which I wouldn't. You may consider appealing to the District Manager or Corporation Human Resources Department or even filing a complaint with the State Labor Board. . I realize that in some small communities jobs are difficult to find even in fast-food.

The chance of education comes along only at a specific time in your life, the job should always take the back seat.



I wish you the best and good luck on your exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment