Monday, February 13, 2012

Jobs for a three-time McDonalds reject?

Hello! I have applied to McDonald's in three different locations and was not even given the chance for an interview at any of them. I am trilingual, and am experienced in the Lua and Python programming languages. I do have an extensive resum茅 written (although with no experience, it's only qualifications, education, and such), and I have followed up on each of my applications.



Obviously, I have not been picky about the jobs chosen, applying even to McDonald's (even more I'm a vegetarian). This is most definitely not the first job that I applied to, and I've applied to any job that I can think of that doesn't require any experience, and the only interview I got was at Wal-Mart, which didn't go well for a series of reasons unrelated to my skills/qualifications, or any of the pre-interview application process for that matter.



Is there anywhere with even lower standards where I might stand a chance?Jobs for a three-time McDonalds reject?
"I am trilingual, and am experienced in the Lua and Python programming languages. I do have an extensive resum茅 written"



Retail is one of the easiest "fields" to get work in; it has major turnover. I hope you're not revealing this to the McDonald's managers. They're going to look at you and say "Waaay over qualified". They're not looking for geniuses, they're looking for semi-intelligent average joe's who'll be willing to stay in a dead-end low paying job the rest of their lives. One look at your resume and they're going to figure you'll be gone the minute you find a "real" job. Why should they spend the time and resources training you?



Tone it down and give it another shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment