Thursday, February 16, 2012

How do you deal with the stress of having two jobs and going to college?

i am going to be going to KCC plus working my job at mcdonalds and holding a part time job at the college. i am a full time student at the college and am having a hard time figuring put when i will be able to do studying and school work.How do you deal with the stress of having two jobs and going to college?
I'm a full-time college student, I work at a newspaper, I write articles for websites, and I coach middle-school baseball. How do I handle the stress? Easy. I just go with the flow. See, if you get uptight, or start worrying, you're bound to run into problems. With classes, you have to just know the stuff. Learn it. If you know it, you don't have to study (in fact, I'm a junior this year, and I've only opened three books, all the others are still in their plastic, and my gpa is over 3.6).



Now, I'm not saying ignore school. But maybe find a way to learn outside of reading the book. For instance, if you're in an ethics class, maybe you're talking about relativism. Well, perhaps you'll take the opportunity to read The Cave by Plato and enjoy what you're reading as well as learn from it. By combining entertainment and education, you may find it to be a lot easier to learn and REMEMBER what you've learned. Perhaps you're taking a physics class, well, take a watermellon and drop it off your roof. Observe what happens. There. You're learning the effects of physics, the laws of physics, and at the same time you're watching a watermellon explode. It's fun and educational.



If you like to argue with people, find an online forum and get involved in debates. This will be helpful if you're taking a debate class or something like that. Maybe you're taking business marketing. Look through the newspaper, see what ads are placed where, how the companies market, who they're marketing to, consider how much it costs and how much they must be making, etc. Then maybe write about it (I mean like an actual article, whether you publish it or not).



If you come to enjoy these things, you'll find time for them even with your jobs. And the thing is, you won't be stressed.
It would be good to budget your time and actually chart when you'll do certain things. I will also be important to make sure you give yourself free time.How do you deal with the stress of having two jobs and going to college?
SUGAR DADDY



financial problem solved



moral? eh, whatever
Drink, smoke pot, get a spouse, limit other activities FOCUS on what you're commited to, sleep, nap, take public transport (helps one unwind), drink plenty of water, prayHow do you deal with the stress of having two jobs and going to college?
All I can tell you is it takes willpower. My daughter did it and she had a little girl.(she had her when she was 15 and she just turned 23...She recently graduated from college with honors. It can be done just don't give up! Good luck!
It's VERY difficult. Last semester I held a full time job and went to school full time. On top of that, I don't have a vehicle and had to rely on public transportation everywhere I went. I would get home at midnight and then study, and finally crash out at 2 am, and had to be back up to get ready to get on the city bus to get to class at 6am. I went with 4 hours or less of sleep a night for a whole semester. I would suggest either dropping a job, or lowering your class load to part or half time.
Wisely think if you have enough time to do all those things. If you can not, I suggest you to quit one of those jobs and the other as part time. It'll give you more time to relax and enjoy.
I plan on doing that starting in January, and my guess is the since I am about 3 times as old as you are, I will struggle a bit.



But I am already planning for it, I have told people that comes January, I will not be available for many social functions. I figure this will go on for about 2 years, including the summer.



I am buying text books now and pre-reading and outlining what I will be starting in January.
Well, I was in the same situation last semester. I had a job with the school, was part-time at Sonic, and went to school everyday.. plus, i commuted 30 minutes back and forth...



As far as dealing with the stress, try to have a friend that you can talk to about issues that you are having. A "stress-reliever" sort-of.



I have other techniques that i use, but they're personal..
organize ur time every minute counts believe me try to have unleast a regular schedule for work so that would help u to plan things i use to do my homework on breaks at work and when i have to do some overnights i did it too i know sounds so hard but believe me its so worth it at the end all the effort pay huge recompense and dont forget leave sometime to parrrttyyy!!! helps a lot to relief stress maybe a weekend or a free night good luck i know u can do it...
It can be done!

The thing that helped me most was finding a study partner who had a similar class schedule and was committed to earning decent grades. Many times when I wanted to blow off studying for a party, a movie, or plain old sleep, my friend would remind me that we were looking at C's in Organic Chemistry if we didn't at least put in a few hours.

That kind of motivation is crucial.

Set aside at least a few hours a week to make sure you have enough fun, and make the most of long weekends and holidays for recreational purposes.

Learning how to budget your time is just one of those things you learn in college.
Check out ( http://www.reducingstress.net )

It is a really good stress site.

There are lots of articles on all stress related topics.

I think you will find all your stress related answers there.

No comments:

Post a Comment