Saturday, February 4, 2012

After I graduate college, will I be able to get a job or get stuck working at mcdonalds?

Well let me clarify, I'd probably never work at mcdonalds, not after 6 or 7 years of college.



Anyway I'm a bio major and am not interested in a job in my field and I seriously doubt I would find one in my field anyway. So let's count out actual bio jobs for now (although I wouldn't reject one, let's just say there are none to be had).



Could I get a real, professional like job that pays 40k/year starting salary? In any field?



Are employers going to see my major and not want me, or will the be open to it?



Like will a place hiring a manager say no, you didnt major in business?



How much weight does a "bachelors" by itself hold?After I graduate college, will I be able to get a job or get stuck working at mcdonalds?
A Bachelors degree does hold some weight, but not much



why did you major in something you are not interested in working inAfter I graduate college, will I be able to get a job or get stuck working at mcdonalds?
You may end up working at a fast food chain or the like for awhile but something will come your way that you like.It does not have to be what you major in.Your education will open eyes when you seek a job and therefore put you in the positionAfter I graduate college, will I be able to get a job or get stuck working at mcdonalds?
The chances are that if you do not have experience in the field your looking to get a job in and you do not have an education in that field you will not get the job. To use your example of management. Why would a company higher you when they have several applicants that do have experience and have chosen to get an education in the field that they are trying to get a job in. It's not so much that you didn't major in businesses as it is the competition for the same job did major in it.



You might be able to work your way up to a good position but you will not start at 40K if your looking out side of your major. Unless you are really lucky.



Why study a field you do not want to work in? What a waste of time and money and you could be taking the seat of someone who does want to work in the bio field. By the way there are jobs in the bio field lots of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment