Thursday, February 16, 2012

Working at Mcdonalds, can I be sure I'll get at least 20 hrs a week when I start?

I'm 16 and I want to get a part time job at McDonalds next summer when school's over. Are they going to start with only 9 hrs a week and build up after a few months? --I'm only going to be working during the summer..Working at Mcdonalds, can I be sure I'll get at least 20 hrs a week when I start?
RUN Don't Walk as fast as you can from Mickey D's

Get a PT job somewhere else

They treat their employees like dirtWorking at Mcdonalds, can I be sure I'll get at least 20 hrs a week when I start?
It depends on the store and what their needs are. Typically places like this tend to send you home early if it is "slow" no customers so they can save money. This cuts into your hours and paycheck. However, on the flip side there are many of your co-workers that will want time off when they are scheduled to work and if your boss OKs it, you can take their shift. Also people call in sick, etc. so keep you cell phone with you at all times and be ready to go in spur of the moment. That way you can pick up more than your scheduled hours.

Also, during the interview, let the interviewer know you are interested in as many hours as you can get. Don't make a big deal of it, just casually let them know what you want.Working at Mcdonalds, can I be sure I'll get at least 20 hrs a week when I start?
They will probably give you 1 or 2 shifts a week for a month, then move you up to 2-4 shifts a week (if you're good enough). You can also cover shifts for other workers, just ask them if they have a Friday or Saturday shift that they dont wanna work (they'll probably want to go out on those days).



I worked there for 4 months and in the 4th month I was basically full time (5 shifts a week).
You have to discuss that with your manager. At most of the fast food places, you will get hours if you work. However, they will change week to week.

No comments:

Post a Comment