Friday, February 10, 2012

Why cant I be hired by labor jobs, such as Mcdonalds, wendies, wallmart, Mcdonalds again? is it my education?

I dont understand, I have a good education, graduated Highschool, graduated broward community college, and 2 months of Florida Atlantic University with 2.95 GPA. Also I normally put full time, sometomes part-time withh 12:00pm-12:00am availability. I applied 3 weeks ago and still no one calls? Do they only take people with less or no education?

I mean the job said "HIRING, all POSITIONS".... ughh now my credit card is building up, do you know whats wrong?

thankyou for your answers. -_-Why cant I be hired by labor jobs, such as Mcdonalds, wendies, wallmart, Mcdonalds again? is it my education?
It's because you're overqualified. Sorry, same thing happened to me. I wanted to get out of my current job, which pays WAY more than what the local fast food joint would pay me. However, I absolutely hate where I am now, and I want to finish college- I've accumulated lots of credits, but no degree -and I need a job that will give me scheduling flexibility AND healthcare insurance that will actually pay for high-cost medications. The fast-food joint never called me.



I think the reason is that they look at your qualifications, and the money you've made, and they think that you will be unhappy, so they don't want you. Or they think you're too intelligent. Please, everyone reading this, don't take offense, but it's just like in the movie "American Beauty" with Kevin Spacey, when Spacey wants a fast food job, and they automatically assume, based on his appearance that he wants a management position. The kid at the window says, "Sorry, we're not hiring for management," and he tells them he's interested in anything but management, and they look at him like he's crazy.



The best thing I can tell you, which is probably the truth, is would you really be happy in those places? If you're anything like me, no, you would not be. You're not arrogant, you're not an elitist, you're just trying to make an honest living and better yourself, but in those institutions, they will treat you like crap. Watch the movie "The Good Girl" with Jennifer Aniston - that will show you what it would be like to work at Wal-Mart or a similar retailer. Consider it better that they didn't call you.



In the meantime, while you're trying to make a living while you finish your Bachelor's I presume?, maybe you can temp in your chosen field. A friend of mine temped in his field for several months after getting a permanent position.



Best of luck to us you in your pursuit of career happiness.
They feel like you only want to work there to keep your head above water financially until something better comes along. I went through this myself , I had a paralegal degree, got it when I was 21. Law firms wouldnt hire me cause I was too young. Try server positions at, like, Chili's, Applebee's,etc. Tell them you want the position because while you have a college education you hate working in a cubical atmosphere and prefer working with Customers. Serious though, the schedule at a fast food place would give you too much opportunity to interview for other positions, and they're too worried about putting in a bunch of time and money then lose you in a few weeks.Why cant I be hired by labor jobs, such as Mcdonalds, wendies, wallmart, Mcdonalds again? is it my education?
perhaps not ur education.

could be other aspects of you. reevaluate your applications and interviews.

hang in there.
They probably consider you overly qualified, and think the salary would not suit you. Or, they wonder why a person with your education is wanting to work where it is usually less skilled individuals.Why cant I be hired by labor jobs, such as Mcdonalds, wendies, wallmart, Mcdonalds again? is it my education?
If your credit card is building up, you may want to consider a job that pays more money. Try applying for construction jobs, or a factory. They tend to pay pretty good.
If they haven't called you yet, you should call them. Sometimes it takes a while.
If I were you, I would try again. This time just say you are a high school graduate. Maybe since you have some college, these companies think you plan to work only a short time. Make sure you are not saying something that is flagging you not to be hired. You need to act like you want to work at these companies not that you can't find a better job.
You need to dumb down your resume. No offence, but when someone has those qualifications and is looking for a role in a company like macdonalds, it only shows them that you see them as a stepping stone and probably wont stay there long.



If you want resume assistance I can help. Let me know :)
You are overqualified
last month i applied for work at chick-fil-a (and i'm fifteen) and today was my second day of work there. why's he telling me this, you ask? because the reason i got the job is because with big corporations, like walmart and mcdonald's, that you want to apply to, you cant simply apply and leave it to them to get back to you. you must be proactive. call them a week later (their personnel director or operator) and see if theyve had a chance to review your application.

No comments:

Post a Comment