Thursday, February 16, 2012

Job at McDonalds - how did you find it (obviously a question for current and ex employees)?

I'm interested in hearing people's experiences of working for them.Job at McDonalds - how did you find it (obviously a question for current and ex employees)?
A lot of it depends on your attitude, and the people you work around. Sometimes working fast food can be very busy, and you'll end up doing a lot of monotonous, tedious, annoying work. If you're food prep, it will definitely get on your nerves just preparing, and heating food all day. If you work drive through you'll get frustrated dealing with people who don't know what they want, and can't speak into the speaker very well. And if you work cashier, get ready for a stream of complaints, about everything that you personally didn't screw up :)



On the other hand, having a job can be really fun if you're around a bunch of other cool people. I made a lot of friends working in my first few jobs, and even though it sometimes sucked, we usually made the best of it. Not to mention you'll likely get a bunch of free food, and when that paycheck finally comes, you'll be able to afford some well deserved "you" time :)
I hated working at McDonald's, but a lot of the workers did not seem to mind it too much.



I found all of the shift managers had big ego problems. They acted like they were the king of the world or something. When they wanted a pencil they would send the trainee to get it for them. When they tell you to sweep the floor they would inspect it and if you missed something you would have to redo it. It's McDonald's, very, very dirty so I had to resweep a lot ha ha.



I had a lot of problems with the way they handled hygiene at the restaurant I worked at too! For example, you are supposed to wash your hands every thirty minutes, but I only saw someone do that one time. Our McDonald's does not require you to wear gloves when putting the sandwiches together.There were two instances where someone sneezed into there hands and kept on working! i could not beilieve it when I saw it.



As a trainee I was taught to never waste anything. When the burgers expire restart the timer so it looks like it is new. When the fries expire just turn off the alarm and keep serving it. Another example of this was when my trainer dropped a chicken nugget. She just picked it up off the floor and served it. This is what made me ultimitaley leave I got sick of all these actions ha ha.



I know that McDonald's is not exactly a five star restaurant, but come on. They defitintiely can do better than what I saw. Those are my experiences from 2009 ha ha.Job at McDonalds - how did you find it (obviously a question for current and ex employees)?
It varies from McDonalds to McDonalds I've been working there for 2 years now and it's an alright job. The hours are flexible, the people there are nice, and it's a really good high school job. It's important to be prepared for the fast paced working environment some people really can't handle this and those are the people you probably won't get along with very well. Good Luck!
Worst job I have ever had. It motivated me to go to college and get a real, good job. If you really need to get a job, take a few minutes to write up a resume of your experiences (volunteer work or activities in school if you have no experience) and apply to better places. Maybe you can land a weekend job as an office greeter doing small admin tasks.Job at McDonalds - how did you find it (obviously a question for current and ex employees)?
i am one of those people who said i would never work fast food. i have worked at McDonald's for 3 months now and i like it. you have to be a people person and you have to be able to take peoples bad attitudes and just brush it off.

i have a collage education but with the economy nothing is guaranteed and you have to take what you can get. McDonald's is job security for sure.

the first two weeks are crazy and you want to quit because you feel so overwhelmed and helpless, but once you get the hang of it its a piece of cake.
you have to be there to work, not **** around and eat thats all. ive worked there for 2 years and im a manager now. its not a hard job and it can be fun, you just have to do your **** and thats it. if you have a tight schedule its a great place to work. the pay isnt great but you get a raise every 6 months.
I didn't mind the job too much. I built some great relationships when I worked there, I made my way up the ladder into management, but quit after about 2 years to move on to bigger and better things. It wasn't terribly hard work, and you're busy most of the day, but the people you work with really make it a good place to be, or not be in some cases. It was one of my more memorable jobs.
Boring! I hate the fact that I have to come home smelling like grease every night! Augh! I'm planning on quitting as soon as I find a new job.
unless you really want a job, and under 18 . get it . otherwise . it's trashh !
Just go talk to the local Manager.And by the way there is nothing wrong with working at McDonalds as it is a cool job.
When you work there you will never eat there again.
SUCKED

quit in 3 weeks
WT;lF!!!!!lqw]dl[qpdl[qldplqd
get an education, its trashy to work at McDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment