Saturday, February 4, 2012

Is McDonalds a good part time job for a 17 year old?

I'm graduating in June and going to college to be a pharmacist, and McDonalds recently hired me. My friends (who don't have jobs) keep telling me how bad it is to work there. I meet most of the staff an they all seemed really nice especially the managers, so whats the problem? I'm only going to be working there 10-15 hours a week because I have another part time job I start in June.Is McDonalds a good part time job for a 17 year old?
Yes, definitely! I worked at one for 5 years and it was a great solid foundation for developing basic good habits on the job; organization, people skills, good communication, handling money,ect. I now have graduated college and have a full-time job in an advertising agency and one of the reasons I got hired was because I had job experience at a McDonald's. A lot of employers see it as a great place to work and gain some decent skills. It may not always the best, especially coming home smelling like grease and ketchup, but if you look beyond that, it's one of the best part-time jobs you can get.
Yeah, it's fine. Especially in th is economy! It's so hard to find a job and I'm sure there are hundreds of other teenagers wishing they had that job. I work at subway and a lot of the time I'm thinking "wow this is disgusting, I deserve better than this job". But then I see all the other kids coming in and dropping off applications and remember when that was me. Just make sure you aren't still working there when you're older, haha. If they offer you a management position, get out!Is McDonalds a good part time job for a 17 year old?
Absolutely! It is a good place to work. I understand that they are happy to have students there, and there are lots of chances for advancement (I always see a lot of teenage managers, etc.)
No. Since your 17 colleges are looking at you. You should probably try a job more suitable for your age like working in a library . I know thats lame but it's all i could think of .Is McDonalds a good part time job for a 17 year old?
Thats just your friends opinions. What matters most if YOU. You were hired and thats a good job to start with. Congratulations and good luck in college.
for a 17 year old I would say no. they can be nice but after you start they be mean and rude .. looks for another part time job try Target or WalMart

No comments:

Post a Comment