Sunday, January 29, 2012

What are my chances in getting a job at McDonalds?

I just sent my application to McDonalds today. I was wondering if my chances are high in getting the job there because they aren't hiring at the moment. Also, when should I expect a call from them for an interview? Or am I supposed to call them about it? Oh, btw, I'm 15.What are my chances in getting a job at McDonalds?
no luck sorry but avon.com
This answer is two-fold (possibly more).. 1. though they are not hiring right now, they usually will keep an application/resume on file for 3 months to 6 months.. I don't know if it is law or not, but it is almost a standard practice at all the businesses I have applied to (unfortunately it has been more than I'd like it to in my life).. so you may get called at some point when you even forgot you applied there.



2. Normally you would follow up to see how your application is doing, but when they aren't hiring at the time it isn't a good practice as you already know that your application isn't being looked at at this time. But you could come in every once in a while to speak with the assistant or hiring managers about any turn over (workers quit or get fired) they may have had recently and subtly remind them your app is on file.



3. It is a bad economy at this time and even though McDonald's is a world wide, successful corporation they too have to adjust to the changing times.. your 15 and have very few hours where you can legally work.. they have to consider the cost of training you, and providing uniforms and other benefits you may be eligible for against the payoff of having someone who can work 4 hours a day if that and can't work past certain hours at night.. I am telling you this for the real probability that they may think that hiring a 15 year old is impractical.What are my chances in getting a job at McDonalds?
It's pretty easy to get hired at McDonalds, unless they have an abundance of employees and don't need anyone. But if they're hiring it's not hard at all. All my friends apply to McDonalds if they can't find a job lmao. Most of them get hired. You should expect a call between 1-3 weeks of sending in your application, if they're hiring.
If they are NOT HIRING...your chances are VERY VERY low. If you do not hear anything within a week, you call them.What are my chances in getting a job at McDonalds?
great if you can speak spanish

No comments:

Post a Comment