Wednesday, January 25, 2012

How old do I have to be to work a part time job at McDonalds?

I'm 13, turning 14 this October. I'd like to try to get a part time job and make my own money rather then asking for money from my mother. To be more independent, basically. So, how old do I have to be to get a job at McDonalds, what can raise my chances of getting this job, and also, if I am ineligible what are some other jobs I may be able to apply for? Thank you.How old do I have to be to work a part time job at McDonalds?
Some will take you at 14 some will take you at 16 you never know though just ask.
In order to get a job at McDonalds you have to be at least 16 years of age, and in some states you can be 15 with a high school work permit. I would ask your local McDonalds because each state varies in many of the restrictions that are placed on young teenagers that want to work. I will give you an example of the variations between states with the minimum wage, just so that you can get an example. Florida $7.55, California $8.00, and NY $7.25. So do not be disappointed, just go to your local McDonalds and ask. Maybe there is a restriction on hours, and not necessarily on age. Also check with your high school work experience counselor. He or she should have the answers you seek.How old do I have to be to work a part time job at McDonalds?
It actually depends on the state in which you live. At 15, you can work if you have a parent/guardian sign a waiver for you. Some states go as far as 14. But if you were to apply on your own, you would have to be 16 years of age - and that's federal law, which enforces "child labor laws".
you need working papers if youre under 18, but my friend worked there at 14. she worked the window and took orders. but i know lots of people who say youcant work there until youre 16How old do I have to be to work a part time job at McDonalds?
well you would have to be at least 16

No comments:

Post a Comment